Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Eugene



Our beautiful dog Eugene has left us. One moment here alive and well and the next lifeless and alone. Kurtis found him in our backyard. We have no idea what happened or why he died so young but he did. I only had 3 years with him but he was my baby. I loved him so much. I don't even think I knew how much I loved him until now. He was a big part of this family and I want him back. When Kurtis told me what had happened I cried, and cried and cried. Kurtis held me as we sat on the floor until I was calm and he cried too. I thought it was my fault. We should have taken him to the vet, I shouldn't have put him out side, I shouldn't have yelled at him , he didn't get enough attention. The truth is it wasn't any ones fault, we are great pet owners who loved him so much and cared about him. It is just a part of life. We gave our other dog cracker to a good family about three months ago, because of a move, and that was hard too. But this is so much different, we had no time to prepare. We had no last good byes. I know people might think he was just a dog but my heart is still broken for him. He was supposed to play with my little boy. He was supposed to be here longer and I am going to miss him.


Eugene...


...loved to play with the broom


...pounced on the light a laser made


...loved taking walks


...hated bikes


...played with Kurtis on our bed in the morning


...loved Riley Mills, he would follow her around non stop when she was here


...was a super hero with Christian

3 comments:

  1. His Grandma will miss him, too. Oh, Eugenie . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! We loved him too, what a tragedy.
    I feel awful for you guys.
    Things like this hit close to home for us since losing Frankie in November.
    Hang in there, it is so hard losing loved pets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gibsons...so so deeply sorry. That is just no good. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Christian and Veah...Oh so cute!